So, we’re putting the lessons contained in Robert Craven’s new book “Grow Your Service Firm” into action. We’re going to put the book to the test and report through this blog what we have done and the results we achieve.
Following on from the questions in the last step, Robert has one, big question next:
Why should people bother to buy from you when they can buy from the competition? Write down 5 reasons…
- Clients get high levels of personal attention from us that gives them a bespoke promotion that allow them to stand out
- Clients gain access to our wealth of expertise in running campaigns that get results. They know we will do the best possible job for them.
- Our pricing is very competitive, priced to suit the budgets of smaller businesses, NOT corporate level pricing.
- We use the best possible systems and resources to get the best results for clients. And we re-invest in our knowledge to ensure we stay at the forefront of our industry, so we can offer best advice to clients.
- If the competition is DIY (or Do Nothing Atall)… then the best reason to buy from us is because we will take action each month to push clients’ sales forward consistently when they won’t.
… and out of the five listed above, which is the main reason that people buy from you…?
5 is the main driver for most clients. 1 to 4 are the reasons that clients choose us, not someone else.
So, it looks like our competition is nothing to do with other companies offering our services, but far more to do with convincing clients that they should take action.
What does this mean for our business?
To me, it means that our marketing and promotion should be nothing to do with convincing prospective clients to choose us over another company offering to find them more sales. Rather it should focus on persuading businesses that it’s a good idea to get someone else in to help them find more prospects that they can turn into customers. Good stuff!
When we have prepared some new promotion material, I’ll post into this blog so you can see what we are saying now – and by writing this here, it means I’m more likely to do it quickly 🙂